To find a path

I'm not sure there is a path in ones life.
And if it is, it must be crossed by other paths.


It's impossible to have a path totally for oneself.

Other people or animals, for sure, have had the same experiences like you; the same joy, same anger and the same longing.

Even if we go to the other side of the continent, we will meet the same needs.
When I stayed with a Vietnamese family  for a week, I soon understood that we had much in common. Just different languages made it difficult to communicate.

Maybe it's about the weather, but the way to act was a little bit more relaxed than in Scandinavia. And of course the culture and the experiences differ.

The older people that have gone through the war may have invisible scares.
But we share many problems, as the pollution of the air and the sea and too much drugs and so on.

And if I drive a car here i Sweden I will contribute a little to the rising see level that can threaten cities like Saigon.

J Krishnamurti used to say that there are no path at all, that you must walk totally alone.
But he started schools and held many talks, so he definitely  crossed other peoples ways. He also ate food produces by other people and so on.

I also  need some time for myself in the nature. But If I walk with my silent mindfulness group in the forest, it's about the same feeling. The natures presence will come deeper inside us when its  not disturbed by our voices.

So maybe it's even possible to, at least for a while, walk the same path as other people. though it may be different people from time to time.

For me the spiritual path and the worldly path is the same.
And it's for sure not easy.
We have to learn all the time. But we may see learning as s gift.

As long as we learn we are not stuck in the past.
We may try to stay in the past, but it's not possible and we might turn bitter if we try.

The world is changing quite fast; refuges are coming, women fight for their rights and homosexuals wants to be respected. The nature must be treated as a part of us and vice versa. We cannot treat it as a tool for our welfare anymore.

So I guess it's best to be open for the changes and not try to look back.
Why not examine the new paths with other people.

Or collect the experiences from the past and make some new. This music is partly inspired from Thai-funk made in the 6o's and 70's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?