Maybe love is the answer

Love and freedom.

To give of yourself to another person is great thing.

When I help mentally retarded people they help me too - and often I feel great love for them.
Often I admire their sensibility and innocence.

I guess it's an act of agape, but without a god.

Just loving one person seems to me very childish or futile.

But it may be me that is childish.

And love without freedom can be dangerous; to not give the other one space to do her own moves and maybe mistakes.
We must try to love other people as they are, even if it can be hard.

In Dostoevsky's The Karamasov Brothers, he let's one of them say; it's only possible to love people from a distance...

It may be so, but maybe it's also only possible to love oneself from a distant and humble view...
To have a look at our feelings and thoughts without judging or condemning them.

In meditation its possible to do that...

And it may also be possible to understand where the feelings and thoughts come from:
it can be from our parents or from older ancestor.

We may feel what our mother felt when we where very young, even when we laid in our mothers stomach... And we may speak to those feelings if we still carry them...
We can say, hey mother I can hear you, I will listen to you. why did you feel that way? Please explain...

And we will find that our parents where a bit like us; paradoxical, doubting  and maybe struggling:

A meeting with an orphan boy at a Pagoda in Vietnam:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?