climate change - too late to stop?






There's an organisation I have joined that has this vision...
It's called Deep Adaptation....
The view is that we have to adapt to the new climate. Here in Scandinavia the temperature already has raised more than two degrees celsius since pre-industrial times.

All serious reports tell that we haven't done enough to stop climate change yet.
And the atmosphere is already filled with so much greenhouse gases, that we have to go 3 million years back to see the same level - and then the sea level were more than 15 meters higher than today. (some say 800 000 years ago, though)
That and millions of refugees is what we have to adapt too.

So that will probably happen.

It's too late....
If
we don't go on living  that we do now because of the covid-19.
Less traveling buy car and plane.
Less production in fabrics and so on.
Less people employed (will anyway happen because of new technology).
Less consumption.
Less far away produced food.
Less meat
Less...
And this must go on year after year after year....

Will the politicians and the UN agree with that...

Will you and I agree...
ok, I will and it's easy as I already live a lot like this...
But as I love mango and bananas I may move to a place where I can eat it from my own garden....

Or is it time for a new story? Charles Eisenstein speaks about a sacred economy:










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?