A spiritual practise makes you more happy!

 At least that's what Rupert Sheldrake. 

And he means he could show scientific proof for it. 

Well, Sheldrake is not a newcomer in that business. 

He has had dialogs with Krishnamurti long ago and he is a defender of the idea that a morfologic field is surrounding us and is binding us together in a great distance. 


Nowadays he doesn't speak so much of that field. In his latest book he writes about the benefits of an spiritual practise. He himself meditates in the morning and and prays in the evening. 

And it seems to make him more happy; he makes jokes and smiles a lot in this lecture.

(you can see the whole speech at IAT-tv)

  

Is he into New Age. Maybe. But he means that it's science. And I can follow him in that - meditation, and some discipline to do it regularly, preferably with others, seems to make you, at least, more satisfied. 


For me it's enough to do it once a day, but also to try be mindful in the everyday things, as washing the dishes. 

When a play table tennis, it seems, in my age, to be enough with two hours - af I play too long a will get tired and will play badly.  

And it's the same with meditation. If I would train more, I may be different - But everyone has to find a way that suits him/her.  

Well, now it's time for my hour of gymnastics for may back, followed by some yoga and thenmeditation. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?