You and I

The philosopher Martin Buber wrote about relations: You should look at another person as a subject, not as a thing, an object. At least as often as possible. When you really meet someone, you will change, but you don't want to change the other person. He writes; "In the beginning was the relation". The most important aspect for a human is other humans and nature.
But he also writes; "Without It man cannot live. But the one who lives only with this view is not human."
Sometimes we have to look at others as objects, but then again you should shift to the You-I view. Sometimes we have to cut down a tree, but we shouldn't do it all the time.



 



But if you look at this topic in a deeper level, it´s possible to say; You and I are the same. We are all one.

So if you condemn another being you are condemning yourself. If you hurt someone - you hurt yourself and so on.....

But perhaps it's necessary to separate this two levels; you cannot meditate all day long.  You cannot have this "all is one-view" all day long.

But you think about it. A soldier in the permanent Israel-Palestine conflict stated; "This is war". Implicit;  I have the right to kill. I have to treat the enemies as objects.

Perhaps the answer is; the one who meditates and tries to live in a mindful way will never be a soldier.

If I could I would like to speak with Buber about this topics...

Anyway, a man with a hat and a beard like that cannot be totally wrong...

  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?