Impermanence



When my father died a was in India, and it was not possible to be in time for the funeral
(no mobiles or mail) so I went to Kandy in Shri Lanka for some days before
returning. It was a quiet place in the mountains by a lake, I didn't talk to
anyone about my situation, but the nature and the kind family who rented me
a room helped me a lot. Perhaps even the tooth of Buddha helped me.;~}(it´s
said to be there, in a temple).
Anyway, it was a good place for contemplating on impermanence.

When a parent or a brother/sister passes away, death comes near.

Then it´s time to look at it. Perhaps not immediately, first you probably have to mourn.

But sooner or later you will understand that we all has to die.

It´s scary, but it will be even more scary if you don´t think about it at all.

If you meditate it be less scary - the I or the ego will not dominate any more.

The ego will be there, but you can treat it like a child.

Buddha said; if there is no permanent and independent  I - what is then dying?
Is there really thong like birth and death?

Take a walk in nature with this questions as company; you don't have to solve then - just walk with them...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?