Bach

Again and again I listen to the Mass i B-minor. It rises like a cathedral.
It feels as if you for every time gets a little bit wiser.
Not smarter and your English grammar will be as bad as ever...

But your soul deepens, your ears becomes more open and sensible.
You have to sens all the voices in the choir, like in life it's a complicated polyphony.

I don't believe in a God, but Bach did and his beliefs led to this music.
So much gladness in this performance - for instance after 28.34 minutes, the sitting singer to the right has to smile...

It seems that the belief in that there are something bigger than mankind is necessary for a kind of art like this.
Something higher is leading us.

You just have to follow it.

I don't know -  perhaps it is so - though I prefer to call it life-force, destiny or why not Tao.

One thing is for certain - Bach is still with us - Where, O death, is Thy Sting...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?