Free will?

Even if we are manifestations, we have a choice to follow our intentions or not.
When I biked to work this morning it can be seen as if I chose to go up in the morning, drink my coffee and go away instead of just stay in bed.
But I think it was more as if I followed my motivation to live. I didn't stop the intention my brain gave to me. It even pushed me and let my voice say to my self; come on, Tomas (as I use to say when I play, for instance, table tennis).

But of course it's a long chain of events that led to this.

For instance evolution took a long time to shape this body, my father learned me how to bike, he and my mother gave me some genes that gave me some kind of will. The training on sport have trained my will to and pushed me a bit.

My was to intention to go to my job, but where did that intention  come from?
A knowledge of pleasure in the long run?



And in that case, where does that urge for pleasure come from?

Maybe it's a will to live, to get good and shelter. Schopenhauer would call that an anonymous "life will."
And that will just is.

Maybe it's accurate to look at the Big Bang as a seed that  has it's future in coded in itself.
It may be right to see the birth of the universe as a seed exploding.

In that case it's easy to go to the next hypothesis; there may be more universes out there.
But it can be more than a hypothesis.

 Laura Mersini Houghton (university of North Carolina) defends the idea and means that it already can be tested; http://iai.tv/video/how-to-find-a-multiverse

If she is right it means that there will always be life out there, in some universe.
The end of our universe, in some distant future, will not be the end of life.
That's good news.

But what about freedom in this universe?

With mindfulness we can have some freedom though.
If a thought pops up, we can be aware of it, take some breath, maybe label the thought and then chose to follow it or let it go.

Yuval Harari has as way to evaluate a thought or an action; does it create more suffering to the world or not? If it does, it will be best to leave it.

That sounds great, to me....




Music in other universes....?
Anyway, with many universes, there will for sure be Eternal light (Lux Aeterna)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?