No miracle cure - but it really helps



As I have practiced mindfulness for about ten years now, I have noticed that it has helped more and more.
It becomes a habit and I can do it now and then when I have opportunities for it.
It can be when I go by bicycle; I can have an open mind to all that happens here and now and I will even be a safer biker.
I can do it for some steps or longer when I walk.
I can do it for some seconds when I open a door.

In a day that can become an hour of meditation, if I end the day with some body scanning and mindful yoga.

One of the useful things with short meditations is that I can do it when worries or accusatory thoughts pop up: If I for while concentrate on the breath they soon will disappear.
They may come back but I then have a tool to not dwell in them.

If you are deeply depressed you may need more treatment before to start meditation.
And if you have a really stressful job, you may have to change the situation...

But if you go on with mindfulness you sooner or later will have a clearer look at things.

For instance, I nowadays see lawns as some foolish social ideas. They may be good for football and so, but for insects and birds they are like deserts.

And we need wild flowers for the bees and so on.

We cannot survive without the insects.

And who doesn't like to look at birds?

So you may recognize some crazy things around us.....

I wish the leaders in the US and in North Korea would do some daily mindfulness too.

Cause it really helps;

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/health-lifestyle-meditation/3947600.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?