To grieve

All of us will, sooner or later, have sorrows.
Some of us will fall very deep.

Pills may help.
Mindfulness may help.

But its important to not let the sorrow stay just inside.

Joanne Cacciatore tells about the days after she had lost a child.

A priest with some followers came to her home.
Her sorrow was to big, she just wept.
And the only thing the priest said was, "we will pray for you".

He never showed up again.

What Cacciatore was people that stayed with her, could hold her and listen to her

She is now works as a helper for grieving people.

And her messing is ; listen and listen and speak.

It takes tomes for the wounds to heal.

But a lot of them do....

Even if some scares remain.

She has written a book about her work;



Here she is;

We all have to find our own ways to go along with pain in the soul and body.

in the long end we cannot avoid pain and death...

But we can prepare ourselves.

We can accept the facts.

We can be with the feelings of suffering.

Let them come and go, without necessary identify ourselves with them.
And we can understand that suffering will change too. We may have to visit a doctor or a psychiatrist. We don't  to be heroes and go on without medicine.


The best doctor for me is silence, birds and nature and exercise.

There my own suffering becomes weaker, there are so many beautiful things to look at.

At my land, on the Island Gotland, I love to sit in solitude and follow the swift swallows flying over the fields.

I will feel a little bit sad, to know that they will go warmer places in some month.
But I soon leave my thoughts for the reality around me - everything will change anyway.
So why be sad about it.
Yes there is a church near my place too....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?