Flowers in flowers and censorship






Back in Sweden.
It's not easy to describe a country, I cannot describe Vietnam.

But I know that the state there wants to keep control of what is written on Facebook and on blogs.
The pictures and the films I took was impossible to show on the blog until some days after they were shot. Or they suddenly popped up in the blog and were huge.

It was even troublesome to reach the blog from time to time.
So I guess they wanted to check what I wanted to show.

People in Vietnam have been jailed for writing the wrong things on their blogs.
I would't be that but it could be troublesome for me to get back if I wrote a book about my experiences.

People told me that policemen in Saigon demanded money to "protect" for instance your shop. Probably the police salary it low so they do what they can to get some extra money.
One man. working at a SOS-village, told me that his salary was lower than the average salary in Vietnam. And the average salary is very, very small.

But, like in China, some people are very rich.
If you have the right contacts, you can earn lot of money.

There are few beggars though and  people seem to have at least food and shelter.

There are beautiful and peaceful places in Vietnam, like Con Dao. The nature there was very nurturing for your health.


The people in the the little town, Con Son, was very friendly.
Just about 7000 people live there.

Saigon, of course, is a totally different place. If you like pleasure, entertainment and looking at people and motor bikes it's heaven. But for me it's too much. Though they have things like vegetarian restaurants, that Con Dao haven't.

So Vietnam, as Sweden, has many faces.
Here we now have many beggars and refugees, coming from poor countries or countries in war.
Of course we have other troubles too, as a quite newborn racist party.

So nothing is black or white. There are hidden flowers in  the big flowers.

To travel is to learn.

And one thing I learned is that giving is one of the most valuable thing. One of the happiest moments was when I visited the SOS-children's village in Saigon that I have supported for a while.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?