Blackbirds and sun roses


I´m walking in the little forest nearby my home.
It's a rainy day in May. But for a while the sun shines through the clouds and and I sit down on a bench.
I'm leaning my face towards the light.
When I open my eyes I see someone else who also is enjoying the warmth.
In the grass just beside me is a blackbird, his chest towards the sun rays. When the clouds comes back, he starts to clean the feathers - but as soon the sun shines again he stops.
It is as if he says to me-" hey listen, you and me are just the same,  both of us are longing for summer and warm weather."

And as we have the same desires we sometime have to compete for the best place in the sun. At least if we are many creatures in the same area.

The birds are not  so many, most of them leave the snowy winters for warmer places.
And many of  them will not come back.

But we are many, and we need a lot of space.

We have been everywhere on the Earth.

We have made religions to make us stronger and  help us to conquer nature.

Maybe it's time to see what is good for the Earth and not for us.

And what is good for the Earth will of course , in the long run, be good also for us.

I wonder if It's possible to make a shift to a new paradigm with the Earth in the center.

If we don't make that shift we may end up like after the catastrophe in Chernobyl - The whole Earth will be and up like a "Zone".


Maybe mindfulness can help us to change - will help us to be aware of our thoughts, feelings and desires.
So we can choose witch ones are good the planet.
And that will of course be good not only for birds and animals, but also for the rest of the nature, as for plants.

 They are also sun-lovers, as these sun-flower; dancing with the light:















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?