Mindfulness- as everyday practice


It is easy to forget - but you have to do your mindfulness regularly, otherwise it won't do no good.
Try to find some space when you are in the here and now. You don't have to sit on a cushion, you can do it when you walk from the parking lot or from the bus.
You can do it when you stand in a queue. Just relax and feel your breath. To be tense will not shorten the queue.

Every evening I take a stroll on a path in a little forest near my house. I walk very slowly, I am aware of my steps and my breath, I am aware of the surroundings, the trees and the birds, sometimes a deer.
I'm also aware of my thoughts, If they come I just listen to them and let the pass.
Sometimes I invite my inner child, ask him how it is. He use to be very pleased in the forest.

I sometimes stop, I look, smell and listen. If I have a camera I can take a photo or make a little film.
That will sharpen my senses and strengthen the the presence. If I do that on a windy day, the leaves on the trees will dance for me, even when I'm home..

When we train the body we know that we have to go on with it regularly.
It's the same with mindfulness - you will train your brain to be more calm. And as result you will  have more compassion for yourself end others. And that will for sure lead to a more satisfied mind....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?