Nature in my room

A black squirrel jumps from tree to tree just in front of the ocean.
The little black dog comes to me again and I cuddle him. I look in his eyes and I see the wilderness in them, he's a strax dog alright. And suddenly i bites me. It's in a playful way but I anyway stop the cuddle  and go away.

A bit later, a mouse in my room. Now I now who's been eating of my banana.



My "monastery" (above) suddenly becomes a bit unfriendly. Yesterday I found ants in my bed. And sandflies has biten me,
Then I remember what I wrote about nature yesterday.
And I have to smile; If I would like to put a value to nature as such, I also have to value it when it
Comes to me.
The ants where not so many and the bites from the flies doesn't bother me.
The mouse was quite cute and curious too.
I asked for a mous trap in the resception, but they hadn't any . Now I'm glad for it...
The insects and animals are just looking for food, as I do.

They don't hurt me if they don't have to.

The other day a monkey on the road chased me away when I stopped the motor bike to look at him. So small but so brave. But it's his land... He wanted to warn me....

People here are friendly. They are not so many on the Island so there's no ea to fight space.
Nearly no crime...
I can do my walking meditation even at the market in the little center.
I don't have to be afraid. Children says hello in a friendly way and seem to not care about the past; colonisation and the Vietnam war.
I shouldn't forget it and try to behave politely and friendly as a guesthouset from the west.


Cob Dao is really a god place for meditation. And with some advice from Thich Nath Hanh it's even better;
http://www.lionsroar.com/mindful-living-thich-nhat-hanh-on-the-practice-of-mindfulness-march-2010/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?