Interacting with Con Dao

I'm not interacting with Vietnam. Just with this little Island, it's inhabitans as herons, an eagle, a lot of hens, dogs, cats, people, trees and so on.

It takes some time to adjust to a new place, so far away from home. The warmth, the new bacterias in food. It's as when the stomach has adapted, the whole of me can be relaxed and really here.

I really don't know anything about Vietnamese culture, but I know that most of the Swedish culture is imported. It isn't so old and has a mix of influences. 

I guess it's so here too.. 

Sweden i changing and so is Vietnam, the countries have no permanent self. 
Con Dao is changing a tiny bit because of my precence here. 

If I behave well my influences will be good and so on. 

The French colonizers have left many bad memories here...
As the Americans and the former South Vietnamese regime. I'm sure these wounds still are alive. 

A former  American soldater killed some children i Vietnam during as a revenge to a village efter the people there had killed American soldiers. 
Long after that he in anger asked Thich Nath Hanh what to do. Thay answered that the man could save other Vietnamese childrens lifes.....

So it's never to late to do good things... 

I now know why Thay so skilfully walk slowly when he does mindful walking; it's impossible ( at least for me), because it's so warm in his homeland....




But it's easy to walk slowly on the beach here in Con Dao too - and if you look closely you can find treasures there, as I did today...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?