At last : a monastery

I have found my "monastery".
A cheap hotel by the sea. But I'm nearly alone here. Just some dogs, I cuddled a small one today.
The place is simple like a western monastery. But the view is beautiful. Not as from the last hotel:



Every hour you could here the city clock and at six PM the daily news were transmitted to the whole village.
It was okay for a while, but here I can hear the sea and I can see the small lslands and the city pier.
The small fishing boats coming to the pier to unship their catch.
Young people gather to see what fishes they have. The fishes are still alive and are transported in a tub to the restaurant where they have to stay in narrow aquariums until someone eats them. Even small sharks who are starring at the restaurant from their prison.



I eat vegetabilie dishes even if the boats are so small so I guess they cannot threaten whole stocks.

Now I stay away from all of this on my  new "monastery".
             
I visited a Buddhist temple yesterday. Very beautiful on a height a bit outside of the little town.
I lighted an incense stick and put it in front of a Buddha statue . The Buddha looked super happy and had tins of Coca-Cola stacked on each other at his sides. It was okay to take a blessed bottle of water,
Probably a Coke too, but I saw none do it.
Many people prayed with the palms pressed together.

Thich Nath Hanh would have called that popular Buddhism. To wish for luck for oneself or for ones children in the future is not to be here and now. And you should not try to just save yourself as we all are interacting.
Another way is to be thankful for what you already have. For me it's not difficult to be thankful - to be in such a beautiful place and to have the possibility to fly so long.
Just outside the town it's easy to that there live poor people, in small houses with just tin roofs. Must be so hot in there. For them it can't be easy to be grateful.

It's 30 degrees C outside. It's hotter than it's use to be this time of the year. Maybe because of the climate change. It's time for me to stop flying, at least so long distances.

To be aware of the climate change and to therefore take action is to be mindful.
To feel with the people under the tin roofs is to be empathic, and to take action is to have compassion.








"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?