The art of doing nothing

It's hard to do nothing. If we don't sleep, the brain is working all the time. Thoughts are jumping from tree to tree like monkeys.

I came here to meditate, to be by myself and to write.
I have found that the whole island is very meditative.

Not many turists here, even don't many inhabitans. It is as if the Island is waiting for the big tourist-boom.
A Vietnamese men was wondered when I told him that I will stay here more than three weeks.

He suggested that I should rent a motor bike and to go snorkeling on a boat. I will do that, but it's no hurry. I appreciate the stillness at the camping where I live in a little hut just near the water.

So I say to myself; "slow down, don't hurry and don't do any special things if you don't fel you really have to.
To swim, to go to a restaurant once a day, to buy some fruit and to enjoy the stars at night at the beach is enough.

And be aware of your footsteps in the sand, the evening breeze on your face and the thoughs that are coming and going. That's enough.

The prisoners have left the prisons long ago. So can you leave the prison of your thoughs and ideas."


"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?