To be or no to be (heroes)

To be or not to is NOT the question according to (deep) Buddhism.
That means, in the real sense, we are never borne and we will never die.

Since we have no separate self, we are more of continuations, than individuals. Continuations  and relatives to the first bacterias on Earth.

We must have a sense that we are individuals, otherwise we would probably go mad.

But take David Bowie (RIP), he said in an interview that he made no distinction between himself and his alter egos.
But on the other hand his latest wife has said that she married David Jones, not David Bowie. Bowie was the stage figure, Jones the real David.

So what is it that dies when somebody dies? Is it like when an alter ego of Bowie dies - or is Ziggy Stardust still alive (at youtube)?

My mother died several times. When my brother died, one of four children, a part of my mother died too.
She went into the door too alzheimer. She lost her memory for what happened the last years, in that way my brother could go on living for her.

But for me she was a differerent person, she was no longer the same.
When she was young she probably was another person too.
So in some ways she lived many lives within one lifetime.

It is said that if we hade  traumas as a child it will influence us the whole life. So in that case, we will have some part of us that always are the same. We are not free.
But without traumas we probably can change a lot.

When I was young I was not interested in mindfulness or meditation at all.
So I have changed too. I'm not totally different, but definitely not the same.
And when I'm dead I will continue in my son and in the people I have influenced.
That is a fact, even for science.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cora Diamond on eating animals - with the help of Wittgenstein´s ideas

I think, therefore I am NOT

Wittgenstein and Buddha -buddies?